ID Fraud Solutions - Statement of Benefits
By becoming a member of Baby Boomers Retirement Club (BBRC), you are entitled to ID Restoration services brought to you by ID Fraud Solutions.
Live Restoration Services include:
If you become a victim of identity theft, you are assigned a personal licensed investigator who assists to restore your name and credit as quickly as possible.
- Secures a 3-in-1 credit report from the three national credit repositories (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion)
- Performs continuous credit monitoring until an "all clear" is obtained, thoroughly manages the complex restoration process
- Helps prepare needed documents on your behalf, including FTC affidavits and dispute letters
- Acts on your behalf with creditors and relevant agencies, including notification of any identity breaches
- Sends fraud alert notifications on your behalf to all three credit reporting agencies, Social Security Administration, FTC, US Postal Service and affected credit card companies and financial institutions, and more!
As a member, you have two options with the dedicated identity restoration resources. Without additional cost, you can select the option that is best for you. The Enhanced Restoration Option requires that you sign a Power of Attorney. If you prefer not to provide a Power of Attorney, you are still entitled to the Basic Counseling Services that provide you with the information you will need to take action independently.
DETAILS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FOR THE LIVE RESTORATION SERVICES INCLUDED:
Legal Remedy: Any Stolen Identity Event where the victim is unwilling to prosecute the person who caused the victim to suffer the fraud or its consequences. Dishonest Acts: Any dishonest, criminal, malicious or fraudulent acts, if the Member(s) that suffered the fraud personally participated in, directed or had knowledge of such acts. Financial Loss: Membership Services do not cover any financial losses attributed to the Stolen Identity Event, including but not limited to, money stolen from a wallet, unauthorized purchases of retail goods or services online, by phone, mail or direct. Pre-existing Stolen Identity Event Limitations: If either the victim had knowledge of, or reasonably should have had knowledge of, the pre-existing stolen identity event based on information provided to them prior to enrollment in the program. Business: A covered stolen identity event does not include the theft or unauthorized or illegal use of their business name, DBA or any other method of identifying their business activity. Minors: Minors are fundamentally excluded given that (a) credit repositories do not knowingly maintain credit files on minor children, and (b) minor children are unable to execute the Limited Power of Attorney (LPoA) required for certain processes as described herein. However, Kroll agrees to try to resolve identity theft issues for participant-minors through the processes listed in this agreement, with additional reasonable efforts to address the challenges of working with minors, and within the solutions available through existing legislation and established industry and organizational procedures.
For additional information or assistance, please call 1-866-401-1976.